Our staff have been trained to use Positive Behaviour Support for individuals with complex needs who display behaviours that challenge, adapting the support to fit each individual’s choices and capabilities
Positive Behaviour Support is a values-based, person centred approach to supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge to:
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Improve their quality of life
- Enhance their community presence
- Increase their personal skills and competence.
Our approach is highly structured and our support practices include:
- Active and positive engagement, with ongoing motivation and encouragement;
- Structured activities to support social, communication and interaction skills; and
- Consistent and stable environments.
To achieve this our staff receive training in Positive Behaviour Support that is tailored to the person they are supporting. This provides staff with an in-depth knowledge to supporting positive behaviour, prevention and intervention strategies.
Download this information in easy read.
If you, a member of your family or a friend would like some advice around positive behaviour support and the options available to you, get in touch via the contact form at the bottom of the page and we will be happy to discuss your specific needs.