Why work for Walsingham Support?
At Walsingham Support, our people are the linchpin of our organisation and all our work. Our staff are passionate about our ambition which is an equal and diverse society in which people with disabilities are citizens in their own right who are supported to be happy and to reach their own potential.
Our values underpin our ambition. As an organisation we are:
- Passionate - People are always at the heart of everything we do.
- Supportive - Appreciate our colleagues, recognise achievements and develop our staff.
- Progressive - Embrace innovation and positive risk taking.
- Innovative - Seek continuous improvement in how we work by using our resources in the most efficient and effective way.
- Genuine - Always being open, honest and treat everyone with respect.
We seek team players who take pride in what they do and adopt a can-do attitude. Each and every member of staff plays a vital role in making a huge difference to individuals’s lives by helping them to reach their full potential.
In return, we’ll help you to exceed yours, contact us for more information about our roles.
By working with Walsingham Support, you'll be supporting disabled people live their lives to the full. If you are looking for a motivating job or volunteering opportunity, join our team.
At Walsingham Support we are committed to supporting disabled people live their lives to the full. If you are looking for a motivating job and want to work for a renowned organisation, please check out our vacancies. We encourage applications from disabled candidates under the Disability Confident Scheme.
If you are a disabled candidate and need support to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am I right for social care?
Why social care?
"One of the highlights of being a support worker is when I see the people I support reach their goals, like going on holiday."
Tina - Support Worker
A comprehensive package of benefits
To attract and retain the very best staff, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits – as well as striving to make Walsingham Support a fantastic place to work!
We are an Investors in People-accredited organisation, and the training we offer to our staff reflects that. People who work for us have access to the best industry-recognised skills development programmes, as well as our own bespoke values training. As a result, our staff are trained to do their job to the best of their ability and gain transferrable skills along the way.
Salary will depend on the role and location, and your experience and qualifications, but benefits typically include:
- favourable working hours, including part-time roles and a minimum guaranteed hours (MGH) scheme for suitable positions
- 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service
- double pay if you work on bank holidays
- pension scheme contributions
- life assurance equal to three times your salary
- bereavement helpline
- eye care vouchers (dependent on position)
- training and continuing professional development opportunities
- long service awards
- outstanding work bonus payments
- additional hourly pay allowances for hands-on care in a person’s home
- recommend a friend bonus.
What’s the best thing about your job?
A great place to work - Our good news stories
Support Worker | Job Profile
We asked one of our new volunteers, *Kaitlyn to interview her support worker Zlatica about her role as a support worker. Kaitlynn as someone we support sits down with Zlatica for a chat and some sound advice for future support workers.
In Our Own Words | Dawn
As the government begin to lift restrictions, we want to continue to amplify the voices of our essential workers and keep hearing about the incredible lengths they went to, to ensure that the people they were caring for continue to live their lives to…