What can we do for employers?
• Working with you we can complete a job analysis which identifies your staffing needs and how some of the tasks match the needs of someone with a learning disability.
• Work with you to carve out tasks or identify routine tasks on existing job descriptions suited to a person with a learning disability or create a new role and job description for someone.
• Through understanding your recruitment needs we job match suitable candidates into appropriate jobs. Support the person during interview if the person needs some help. Support the person if rejected.
• Organize work tasters so the person can experience the job and you can observe them and check suitability. Review the situation with you and the applicant.
• Provide job coaching to give specific training and support to individuals with a learning disability in the work place so they more likely to sustain the work and reduce your training costs. We monitor and review progress to identify training needs using TSI. (training in systematic instruction) www.systematicinstruction.com
• Deliver bespoke training to your staff to help them understand how to communicate and build relationships with people with learning disabilities.
What people say...
“At his last review she said” his customer service is brilliant, he talks to my customers when they have to wait for me to be free”. Proprietor
If you live in another area of the country, contact us we will advise you about how to make contact with supported employment organizations near to you. For further information www.base-uk.org.
Helping you find the right support
Support our work