This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
We are seeking patient and compassionate support workers to join our team and provide emotional and practical assistance to our service users. The type of care you provide will be tailored to the needs of the individual. It is an incredibly varied and rewarding role, as you will be helping people we support to improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very real and positive difference.
The challenging and varied role of a support worker is ideal for anyone hoping to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we support and their families. Whilst this is a very diverse role, the key focus is always on supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
Due to the nature of this role it would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold a full UK driving licence.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Our salary levels are equal to the national living wage from £8.21 to £8.52 per hour (depending on experience) and we also offer other benefits such as recommend a friend bonus, long service awards, 28 days’ annual leave and other employee perks. We offer a range of shifts, please get in touch with HR to inquire.
- Level 2 Social Care qualification is desirable or willingness to work towards gaining it
- Ability to support, empower and promote the rights of people with learning disabilities
- Good communication and listening skills
- Have a positive, non-judgemental, empathetic and sensitive approach to difficult situations
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative when needed
- Ability to work a variety of shifts across a 24 hour day, 7 day week, 365 day year rota