Supported Living Support Worker- Driver
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
We are seeking patient and compassionate support workers to join our team and provide emotional and practical assistance to our service users. The type of care you provide will be tailored to the needs of the individual. It is an incredibly varied and rewarding role, as you will be helping people we support to improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very real and positive difference.
The challenging and varied role of a support worker is ideal for anyone hoping to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we support and their families. Whilst this is a very diverse role, the key focus is always on supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
Due to the nature of this role it would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold a full UK driving licence.
Our salary levels are equal to the national living wage from £8.85 per hour(depending on experience) and we also offer other benefits such as recommend a friend bonus, long service awards, 28 days’ annual leave and other employee perks. We offer a range of shift times Days / Nights / Weekend working. We have vacancies for Full Time / Part Time and minimum guaranteed hours (MGH).
- Level 2 Social Care qualification is desirable or willingness to work towards gaining it
- Ability to support, empower and promote the rights of people with learning disabilities
- Good communication and listening skills
- Have a positive, non-judgemental, empathetic and sensitive approach to difficult situations
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative when needed
- Ability to work a variety of shifts across a 24 hour day, 7 day week, 365 day year rota
Because of the nature of our work we are incredibly thorough with our application process to ensure we are constantly safe guarding the wellbeing of the individuals we support. So to help you complete our online application form as quickly and easily as possible, we suggest that you have the following information to hand before you start.
- Your full home address and contact details.
- Your complete employment history, with full start and end dates of all jobs.
- Address and contact details for all previous employers, for reference purposes if needed.
- Full dates for any periods you have been claiming state benefits.
- Full dates for any periods of full-time further education you have done since leaving school.
- Full contact details for at least one personal referee
(we require references for the last two years and also for any care jobs you have done before that)
Please ensure that you fill all sections of the application form in full, or add ‘none’ or N/A where appropriate. All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of references and an Enhanced Disclosure & barring Service Disclosure, which are satisfactory to Walsingham Support. If you require any help filling out this application form please contact HR@walsingham.com and we will be happy to help.
Walsingham Support recognises the benefits of having a diverse workforce and therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In addition to this, under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, Walsingham Support are required to demonstrate that their recruitment process are fair. We would like to ask you to complete this short questionnaire so that we are able to monitor the effectiveness of our Diversity & Equality Policy. All information on this form will be treated as confidential and will be used for statistical monitoring only.
This form will be detached from your application prior to shortlisting.