Senior Marketing & Communications Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Senior Communications & Marketing Officer to report to the Head of Marketing & Communications, working in partnership with all teams throughout the organisation as a member of the CEO Team.
We are Walsingham Support, a charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do enabling us to deliver truly person-centred support solutions that provide independence and happiness.
This is an exciting time in the development of our brand and we’re looking for someone who can contribute and support in developing and delivering Walsingham Support’s marketing & communications strategies by leading on projects to achieve strategic priorities.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the marketing & communications function within the organisation, providing appropriate support to other departments whilst carrying out the organisation’s vision, mission, ethos and values.
You will have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience of engaging specific target audiences using multiple channels
- The ability to write engaging audience focused communications for varied channels
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing campaigns, both planning and implementation
- Experience of creating, maintaining and developing websites using content management systems
- Experience of successfully developing and meeting engagement targets
All application should include a supporting statement, any applications without a supporting statement will not be considered.
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Because of the nature of our work we are incredibly thorough with our application process to ensure we are constantly safe guarding the wellbeing of the individuals we support. So to help you complete our online application form as quickly and easily as possible, we suggest that you have the following information to hand before you start.
- Your full home address and contact details.
- Your complete employment history, with full start and end dates of all jobs.
- Address and contact details for all previous employers, for reference purposes if needed.
- Full dates for any periods you have been claiming state benefits.
- Full dates for any periods of full-time further education you have done since leaving school.
- Full contact details for at least one personal referee
(we require references for the last two years and also for any care jobs you have done before that)
Please ensure that you fill all sections of the application form in full, or add ‘none’ or N/A where appropriate. All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of references and an Enhanced Disclosure & barring Service Disclosure, which are satisfactory to Walsingham Support. If you require any help filling out this application form please contact HR@walsingham.com and we will be happy to help.
Walsingham Support recognises the benefits of having a diverse workforce and therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In addition to this, under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, Walsingham Support are required to demonstrate that their recruitment process are fair. We would like to ask you to complete this short questionnaire so that we are able to monitor the effectiveness of our Diversity & Equality Policy. All information on this form will be treated as confidential and will be used for statistical monitoring only.
This form will be detached from your application prior to shortlisting.