NEW OPPORTUNITIES …. RECRUITING NOW!!
Locality Manager – FULL TIME – Supported Living North Cumbria - Carlisle CA1
We are excited to be recruiting for Locality Manager to join our team in Carlisle, based in the regional Office based at Botchergate, CA1, but the ability to travel to all services.
Supported Living North Cumbria has Supported Living services, and Outreach, at various locations in Carlisle, supporting 19 adults, of mixed gender, aged 20-80, with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health, Complex Health issues, and Challenging behaviour. We currently have a position for 37.5 hrs per week on a permanent contract.
The people we support are very active and outgoing, with a relaxed environment. This will be a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
The people we care for are encouraged to follow their hobbies, being gardening, sightseeing, games, walking, visits out, being supported to make their own choices and decisions, and promoting independence.
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications, and experience, we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
As Locality Manager (Registered Manager), you will be working with individuals who may have complex and challenging needs, requiring behavioural support while promoting their independence. No two days are the same and the support you provide, makes a huge difference to the individual you will be supporting, helping them to live full and happy lives
We are therefore looking for individuals with a kind and caring nature, who can engage with people at all levels, whether that be verbally or by other means of communication. You will need be to demonstrate the level of patience and understanding required to be successful in this role.
If you have the following traits, then this is the job for you!
· Patient, understanding, friendly and caring.
· L 5 Qualification in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards.
· Vibrant, enthusiastic, and fun.
· Energetic and like physical outdoor activities, be able to engage with the people we support and have fun.
· Flexible and have a positive 'can always do’ attitude.
· Able to communicate with different people using a variety of approaches.
· Able to follow guidelines to help achieve a consistent approach.
· Able to share your interests and hobbies with the people we support.
· Be willing and able to provide personal care to the people we support.
Benefits We Offer you as a Locality Manager:
• Paid DBS Check prior to starting with us.
• 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service
• Pension scheme contributions
• Double pay if you work on bank holidays
• Life assurance equal to 3x your salary
• Bereavement Counselling service
• Stress helpline and Counselling
• Eye care vouchers (dependent on position)
• Long service awards
• Outstanding work bonus payments
• Gym/Well-being discounts
• Recommend a friend bonus... Earn Money
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Favourable and flexible working hours, including part-time roles and a minimum guaranteed hours (MG) scheme for suitable positions
• Competitive Rates of Pay, above Living Wage
About Walsingham Support:
We are Walsingham Support, a charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do enabling us to deliver truly person-centred support solutions that provide independence and happiness. Providing Residential Care, Supported Living Services and Outreach to people we care for who either have a learning disability, an autistic spectrum disorder with associated complex challenging needs and/or a mental health diagnosis.
We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do enabling us to deliver truly person-centred support solutions that provide independence and happiness, working for us often means that no two days are the same, but the care and support we give is of consistently high quality, with CQC rating all our services good, and many outstanding.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
*Some roles will require staff members to drive, where indicated.