This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
• You will manage and lead a team to ensure the delivery of person-centred support that promotes independence, choice and dignity
• You will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals you support.
• You will be responsible to promote a culture of openness, honesty and transparency through encouraging the sharing of good practice and recognise areas for improvement
• You will be responsible to ensure the service is fully compliant with CQC, Local Authority and Internal audits
You must have:
• Level 5 Social Care qualification or equivalent (Minimum essential required Level 4 Care, Management, RMA – with a willingness to complete Level 5 Social Care qualification within a designated timeframe in line with the organization’s strategic aims)
• Good knowledge of CQC, Health and Social Care Acts, Mental Capacity Act and related legislation.
• Ability to recognize, challenge and remedy poor practice/identify poor performance and promote good and outstanding performance.
• Experience of working at a supervisory level in care/support setting within the last 5 years.
• Ability to set and work to deadlines.
• Management skills to maintain the service to a high standard.
• Ability to travel independently to various locations across the organisation for training, meetings, cover etc. which may involve overnight stays.
• Competent in Microsoft applications i.e. word, excel, outlook and the internet.
• Ability to demonstrate clear communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must be flexible and able to carry out on call duties for Hertfordshire.