This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
As the Deputy Manager you will be a role model for a friendly and supportive team, and will work with the manager to lead, motivate and manage the service to a high standard. This position will involve a mixture of shift work and managerial duties related to the running of the service, supported by the Registered Locality Manager.
The challenging and varied role of a Deputy Manager is ideal for anyone hoping to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we support and their families. While this is a very diverse role, the key focus is always on supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
Our salary levels are from £10.22 to £12.60 per hour (depending on qualification level and experience). We also offer benefits such as recommend a friend bonus, long service awards, 28 days’ annual leave with yearly increments and other employee perks.
- Level 3 Social care qualification. (Minimum essential required)
- Level 5 Social care qualification in line with the organisation’s strategic aims or willingness to complete the qualification within a designated time frame.
- Good knowledge and practical implementation of the health & social care act (particularly the fundamental standards of quality & safety in England)
- Ability to recognise, challenge and remedy poor practice.
- Experience of working at a supervisory level in care/support setting within the last 3 years.
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Excellent level of people management skills.
- Management skills to maintain the service to a high standard.
- Ability to travel independently to various locations across the organisation for training, meetings, cover etc. which may involve overnight stays.
- Computer skills in Microsoft office particularly word, excel, outlook and the internet.
- Excellent level of organisation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate clear communication skills both verbal and written.
- Car owner/driver as the use of a vehicle will be required for this role
Please ensure that you fill all sections of the application form in full, or add ‘none’ or N/A where appropriate. All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of references and an Enhanced Disclosure & barring Service Disclosure, which are satisfactory to Walsingham Support. If you require any help filling out this application form please contactHR@walsingham.com and we will be happy to help.
Walsingham Support recognises the benefits of having a diverse workforce and therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In addition to this, under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, Walsingham Support are required to demonstrate that their recruitment process are fair. We would like to ask you to complete this short questionnaire so that we are able to monitor the effectiveness of our Diversity & Equality Policy. All information on this form will be treated as confidential and will be used for statistical monitoring only.
This form will be detached from your application prior to shortlisting.