This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
Are you looking to make a real difference? Do you feel now is the time to fulfil your long-term goals/or ambitions in the social care sector? Then look no further as we may have just what you are looking for.
We are Walsingham Support! A long-standing charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do, enabling us to deliver truly person-centred support solutions that provide independence and happiness. Please visit our website at https://www.walsingham.com/ for further information.
We are now looking to recruit a Deputy Manager based at Carlisle, Cumbria. You would have direct responsibility for 9 full time staff members and of those services that they are assigned to. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to drive as you would be expected to travel to various locations within the area.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of our amazing individuals who have complex needs as well as engage in a role that you are a passionate about in an inclusive environment.
Here is a summary of what we would expect from you:
- In conjunction with the Locality Manager, lead and direct the teams in person centred planning and support for the people we support, ensuring that tailored support plans are completed, reviewed and continuously developed to meet individual needs, wishes and outcomes.
- To carry out all aspects of the role within the guidance of the Organisation’s vision, mission, ethos and values, enabling the people we support to maximise their independence, choice and control, acting as a role model and practice leader to the teams.
- To carry out all aspects of the role within the guidance of the Walsingham Staff, Dignity & Personalisation Charters and the Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers.
- To develop professional relationships with colleagues, families, other stakeholders; partner organisations and regulatory bodies.
- In the absence of the Locality Manager, to deputise for them and assume full charge of the service.
If this sounds interesting and you feel this is a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
In recognition for your hard work and commitment, we offer benefits such as competitive salary, staff awards, flexible working hours, paid DBS check prior to employment and much more.
For more information about this exciting role, please email us by visiting our website and we would be happy to assist you. We look forward to receiving your application.