16 Hours per week
Closing Date: 07 December 2021
As a charity we have been challenging and changing the way support is delivered to individuals with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales for the last 30 years.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Creative Learning Deputy Manager to be integral in delivering a high-quality service, principally providing meaningful day activities that enable adults with learning disabilities to develop their own unique and individual lifestyle. The successful candidate will carry out all aspects of the role within the guidance of the organisation’s ethos and value base.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To adhere to Health and safety legislation to maintain the safety of individuals in session activities, ensuring that clients feel safe, secure, and empowered.
- To monitor and report on the wellbeing of those using the service.
- To work collaboratively to deliver continuity of service and delivery of sessions.
- To adjust information for clients so that it suits individual preferences or needs.
- To ensure all clients have the opportunity to be as fully involved as possible in decision making.
You will have:
- Experience in a similar role within a teaching and/or care environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present learning in an interesting and fun way
- Willingness to volunteer for local events and promotional opportunities to further the work of Creative Learning in the local community
- Ability to adapt role and hours to the changing demands of the workplace
- Level 3 Award in Teaching & Education (Required)
As Walsingham Support meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment with us will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions. Walsingham Support is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.